Thursday, April 25, 2013

My weight loss so far...

I am proud to say that I am currently down 23 pounds, and have about 37 to go. I am on my way... :)

When I got sick, and had 3 strokes and was told I would die without these 2 life saving brain surgeries it shook me to my core. It was the most scared I have ever been in my life, not only for me but for my family as well, my kids were 2 (almost 3) and 4. I lost a lot of myself during that time. I lost control of my life, had to depend on others, and lost confidence in myself and my abilities. I mean, if my body failed me, to the point of almost dying, what am I worth? I really lost a lot of self worth and esteem and spent a lot of time being afraid to even try doing anything. I reverted inward, and put up a lot of walls to protect myself. I'm slowly starting to gain myself again, starting to come out of my shell, bringing down my walls...feeling very vulnerable and out of my comfort zone, but I know the only way to grow is to step out of those comfort zones, and I really feel good and ready to do this for myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment