Wednesday, June 26, 2013

So, it's 3:00am and I am up. I can't sleep. I suppose the nerves and anxiety of going back to Stanford for my 3 year check up is kicking in. I feel fine, and I'm confident all my testing will be fine, but there's a small part of me that says "Ya, but...what if...". It's a scary place to be. With Moyamoya the reality of suffering, dying and death is so real...I see it every day. I pray a lot, and try very hard to send all my worries and concerns up to Him. He is my rock...

Going back to bed an hour later now to see if I can get anymore sleep. Flying is hard enough on a Moyamoya brain, I don't want to be sleep deprived as well. Good night!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Dawn: I am mom to a newly diagnosed moyamoya patient, age 9. I wanted to ask why flying was difficult? I know on one flight our daughter complained about a bad headache. Is this why?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was more anxious to find out if everything was still ok. I was afraid that they might find something wrong and would need another surgery, or worse, tell me they couldn't help me. Luckily that didn't happen and all is good. Sorry I didn't see this sooner. I got away from my blog for a while but am back to it now. :)

      Delete
  2. I would really appreciate getting in touch with you. I am a 22 year old woman and have had symptoms since January of (TIA's) I have been diagnosed with Moyamoya recently after almost a year of testing/symptoms and am going to the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN for surgery next week. I would love to speak with you via email or however you would like. my email is pdelperd@gmail.com if and when you have time.

    ReplyDelete