Monday, October 31, 2011

I've never liked Halloween. I still don't.

I think the many years of infertility and wanting children so badly is the cause. Going to the door and seeing all the little tiny pumpkins, lions and bumble bees was tough. I wanted so much to be out with our children, not doing this for others. I know, selfish, but infertility sucks, and it changes people, women especially I think. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy taking our kids out, experiencing it through their eyes, but I still don't like it.

Another reason now that I do not like Halloween is because it will always be the anniversary of the stroke that started my Moyamoya journey. Two years ago tonight our world changed. I still remember it like yesterday, but I will not bore anyone with the details yet again. I am however, very thankful every Nov. 1st, to wake up feeling great!

1 comment: