Tuesday, October 25, 2011

My youngest child, my son, who will be 5 in December, has to have his tonsils and adenoids out, and tubes put in his ears.

I know it's a very common procedure, but I am very nervous and scared. I hate that he has to go through this, but we know it will make him so much better, and give him so much relief.

We are avoiding the word "surgery"...he is having this procedure done to make him better. Even though it has been almost 2 years now since my 2 brain surgeries for Moyamoya, he still knows and remembers what I went through, and what we all went through during that time. Even though we called it "head ouchies" he now knows that I had two surgeries and associates the word "surgery" with what I went through. We do not want him to ever think that he has to go through that. So, in 2 days, he will have a procedure done to make him breathe and feel better.

Please say a prayer for him if you can.

Dear God,
Please protect my son during this time. Please hold him tightly in your loving hands and return him safely to us. Please shine your love and peace on him the way you did for me during my Moyamoya surgeries and help him to heal quickly with minimal pain. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment