Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Happy 2nd Annual World Moyamoya Day!

Today was an emotionally exhausting day. So many suffering from Moyamoya, physical and emotional symptoms, as well as those suffering from the loss of family and friends. I spent the day with many tears; happy and sad. I am so proud of so many who spread awareness and advocate for us!

I posted a lot of stuff on Facebook today. Everything I found actually. I may have gone overboard a little bit, but it would be worth it if one person learned something, or hopefully it could save a life!

We all wore our World Moyamoya Day t-shirts today. I had to bribe my son with ice cream to get him to wear it, but he did. He doesn't like the brain on it. It freaks him out. He's 7 years old, but I know he remembers our trip to San Francisco for my surgeries. I think the memory freaks him out more, and he projects it onto the shirt.

I had my 3 year check up this past summer and had all restrictions removed. My brain looks normal! (Hey, no jokes about if it ever was really "normal") I was also very excited to attend the Stanford Moyamoya patient picnic. It was so awesome to meet so many other patients in person, not just online.

Anyway, I need to get back to blogging because I miss this outlet. There is something very theraputic about writing things out and letting them go into cyber-space.

Good night, peace and happy World Moyamoya Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment