Thursday, February 28, 2013

I just spent 3 days with a sick child. My daughter had the flu...not fun! She had a fever of 102*, and was throwing up. I feel so helpless when my children are sick; I want to take away their pain and make them better, but all I can do it make them as comfortable as possible and tend to their every demand. Thankfully she is better today, and back in school. I'm a little nervous because my stomach has been feeling volatile since last night. I sure hope I don't get it now. Or worse...her younger brother!

Speaking of younger brother, he woke up this morning wet. Poor guy had a dream he was going to the bathroom and actually went in his sleep. He's six years old, I know it was an accident, but now it's one more thing I have to clean. On top of puked on blankets and towel, now I get to figure out how to clean a mattress. (I had a cover on it for years and took it off because he was old enough a few months back. Oh well...) He felt bad enough, didn't want to add any stress, shame or guilt to him. I know how he feels, even as an adult this has almost happened to me.

So, today I will be washing tons of towels and bedding. I'm so tired and warn out too, taking care of sick kids has worn me out, I think. I need to get back to exercising, that always makes me feel better. But, I hurt my knee and am limited to what I can do now because of it. At least I can still do Jilliam Michaels' circuit weight training. Just not the Jumping Jacks!

No comments:

Post a Comment