Thursday, November 4, 2010

I was laying in bed last night and remembered something so sweet it brought a tear to my eye.

When I was on the Neurology floor recovering from my second surgery I had this really cool nurse! She allowed me to go outside (Neurology is on the first floor) and visit my family. At the time, no one under 16 was allowed in the hospital. She let me wheel my IV stand, all hooked up, outside to a picnic table to sit and visit my family. My son, who had just turned 3 (during the 2 days off I had with them between surgeries) was a little apprehensive. He asked many questions...What is that mom...what is that hooked too, what does that do...what is that for? He stayed on the other side of the table with my husband. My daughter, who was 4 1/2 at the time wasn't phased by any of it. She climbed right into my lap, cuddled right in, put her little hand on my cheek and gave me a huge smile and said "Beautiful Mommy!". I was FAR from beautiful with staples and bandages on my shaved head and glued straight up hair. I looked exactly like The Bride of Frankenstein, but to her I was beautiful. That is one of my best memories ever...and it was during one of the worst times of my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment