Thursday, November 18, 2010

I'm going to document my experience this morning just so I have a record of it.

I'm pretty sure I had a TIA (trans ischemic stroke) this morning. At about 7:30 this morning, after waiting for the bus with my daughter, I felt kind of dizzy and *fuzzy*. It's hard to explain. My right arm, from shoulder to elbow also felt -- different. Again, hard to explain...slightly heavy and cold feeling. My head also felt tight and fuzzy. I could easily lose focus on what I was doing at the computer and just sit and stare if I didn't actually look at it. I felt pretty tired and worn out this morning as well. It resolved after about an hour. I now have a slight headache, nothing major.

I know this is common with Moyamoya patients, even post surgery. The surgery is to prevent the big, debilitating stroke, the life changers...TIAs are a possibility for life. I'm going to look more on the Stanford Moyamoya site and see if I can get some information.

No comments:

Post a Comment